Excessive Rain and your Septic System
The winter season has definitely not been pleasant to us this year. The rainfall we have experienced in our region has been above the normal and taken its toll on those who have a septic system. The normal schedule for a septic system to be pumped is on average every 3-4 years but if you have been experiencing problems – you may need to call the professional for service earlier.
Common signs that your septic tank is full:
- Standing water over your septic system
- Smelling sewage when you in your yard
- Drains in your household are not draining properly.
- Your pipes are making unusual sounds (gurgle) when you flush the toilet
- You find sewage backup in your tubs and sinks
- You smell sewage when running your washing machine
If you have had your septic pumped and begin to have issues you may have a clogged or broken drainage pipe or your stack pipes on the roof of your home may be clogged. Having this inspected early can help you from having sewer back up into your home.